On Saturday we attempted to apply for our passports. Matt already has his, I need mine renewed and we need to get one for Kaylin and Shane. We went to the Germantown Post office and because they are short staffed they were not accepting passports, but we picked up the paperwork and were told to call the Menomonee Falls post office to see if they could process our paperwork. Matt called them and set up an apt at 11:15 am (it was about 10:45) . He was told the only way they could help us was if we had our paperwork filled out and had our pics taken. So, we headed over to Walgreens to get our pics. It was not a very fun experience to say the least. My pic was taken, they laid Shane on a white board and took his- he had to have his eyes open and had to be looking at the camera and then came Kaylin...after 20 min we decided to come back another time. She wouldn't sit still for anything. The pictures have to be absolutely perfect in order to be processed. So, we had to cancel our apt at the post office and will try again soon! I was really hoping to have crossed that off of the list this weekend! If we could have held her it wouldn't have been a problem, but everyone has to be in front of a white background. Oh well!
We had an open house today and had two parties come through. Hopefully one of them liked it enough to write an offer.
While the open house was going on we went to look for a dining room table and then went to the park. I will have to upload the pics and post them later.
We found out that the temporary housing in Amsterdam will have at least 2 bedrooms and a kitchen, living room, washer and drier etc. I am so relieved! I thought it would just be a hotel room.
Hopefully we will have more to post soon!
12 years ago

3 comments:
Hi Sarah,
I think this is a great idea with the blog. A lady at work did this when she was having a baby and it was neat. I've been having trouble trying to leave a comment but I hope this works now. It sounds like you have your hands full for the next couple of months but it sounds exciting. Keep us posted :)
Denise
Well if you don't get the passports. I'm sure the Grandparents would take care of Kaylin and Shane until Matt and you get back. So take your time getting them.
Papa
Sarah - I LOVE the blog...I'm sure all will go well. Just relax! In fact, I just found a great site for you guys to video conference - www.skype.com - it's free - unless you send it to a cell phone, in which case it's only a few cents/min. Keep writing! We all look forward to hear what's happening....Oh, and add pics you goof! We love to see pics - esp those of us far away! :-)
Post a Comment