There was an area where the kids could dress up and play. There wasn't a costume small enough for Shane, but he still had a good time.
Dancing around the May pole.



Shane slaying the dragon!
We easily could have spent the day here, but after a couple of hours decided to go to the next spot. The kids feel asleep in the car and were still sleeping when we arrived at Bamburgh Castle, http://www.bamburghcastle.com/. Jane offered to stay in the car with the kids while Bud, Matt
and I walked around. 


Shane slaying the dragon!
We didn't go into the castle but decided we would have to stop back on our way home to see more of it. Unfortunately on our way back it was cold and rainy so we didn't stop. The kids were awake when we came back, so we all got back into the car and were on our way to Edinburgh! Kaylin got carsick on the way but did a great job of letting us know before hand!
Matt did a really good job of driving on the "wrong" side of the road and we arrived at the Holyrood Aparthotel. It was a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment that worked out PERFECTLY for all of us. Edinburgh will be the next post.

4 comments:
I am so envious!! I want to visit a castle so bad!! Maybe next year when we visit you again we can go to one!! It is so cool to think that my grandkids were running around on a castle grounds that have had people in the year 1000walking in the same spot...unbelievable!! I love the pictures of Kaylin & Shane dressing up and dancing around the Maypole & slaying dragons...how cute!
Love,
Mom & Mana
I love, love, LOVE the pic of K and S on the hill w/ the castle in the background... Looks like you had a splendid time! :)
love these catch up posts, but it is blog suicide. Don't worry about catching us up, i just want to see you all and what you are up too!
Love from a concerned siter in law who has played blog catch up only to abandon said blog for months. You either blog while you go or you don't.
I know! I am dying here! :) I so feel like I am sloooowly giving up!! I will keep going though!
Post a Comment