Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow

We have been getting above average amounts of snow here....we are talking about 2 inches at a time which causes havoc in these parts! LOL! Trains and trams slow down, traffic stops, streets and sidewalks are SLIPPERY! The temp averages around 30 degrees during the day so it gets a bit slushy and then freezes at night. In an attempt to satisfy the ice skating gene in the Dutch, no boats are allowed in the canals right now. Fingers are being crossed that the canals freeze over (minimal freezing is required!) so they can pull out their skates and have at it! The temps usually average 40 degrees in January, so they might get their wish.

We pulled out the sled that was accidently shipped over here (it was supposed to go to storage) and I pulled the kids along on the sidewalk. Kaylin really had fun and Shane just wasn't too sure. He was happier pulling the sled.

I didn't get any pictures of the sled, but did get a few of them making dough for calzones!
Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

Debbie

Love the pictures of those cute kids! Looks like they had fun baking. I bet those Calzones were good with all the love baked into them.
7 more days until we visit, YEAH!!!!
Lots of love, hugs & kisses,
Mom/Mana

Kate

These are great photos. I can't believe how old and mature Shane looks. They go through such a transition those months before 2.

Sean

I agree-Shane looks so grown up!! I can't take it! Kaylin looks like she could pass for a grade schooler too! AAHH They are growing up WAY WAY to fast for me! Really! Is there anything we can do to slow it down?!?