We left Friday morning and had a pretty good ride. We didn't give Kaylin her motion sickness meds because the whole time we were in the States she didn't get sick and we drove around a ton. Well, about and hour or so into the ride she got sick. She was miserable. Luckily I brought a towel and some bags with me (she has become a pro at throwing up into a bag). I brought the meds with me just in case, so we stopped and let her stomach settle and gave them to her and off we went. The rest of the ride went well. I do not recommend driving in Paris. CRAZY!! 4 lanes of traffic with motorcycles in between the lanes...not little vespas, but motorcycles. Luckily Matt was driving because if it were me, I would have pulled over or turned around and headed back home!
We used Matt's hotel points at the Hilton and stayed just outside of the center. Oh, half way there I wondered whether I turned the coffee pot off which turned into a rather nerve wrecking 2 days. Ended up having a locksmith come...blah blah ugggh. Oh and for those of you who know we called our maintenance guy who has a KEY to help us out...still has not called us back.
Anyway, the first night we just walked around the area by the hotel.
A Christmas market was being set up to open the following week.
Saturday we took the metro to see Notre Dame.
Shane slept the entire time!
We then walked down the Seine River and ended up at the Louvre. I REALLY wanted to go in, but we decided not to because we didn't want to spend the money to rush through with the kids. It just isn't fair to expect a 3 year old and 1 year old to be quiet etc in a museum! Hopefully one day we'll make it in! It is beautiful though and we enjoyed just being there.
Walking into the courtyard.
Playing outside of the Louvre...does it get any better?! Awesome!
I love this picture!
What Kaylin did at the Louvre...built castles out of rocks! LOL
We continued our walk ending with a Christmas Market and Carousel ride. We went back to the hotel rested a bit, had dinner and then went out to see the Eiffel Tower at night. Those pictures will be in the next post!

3 comments:
such great pictures. can you email me the hi res one of kaylin on the steps laughing? So was the coffee pot on or not? Or are you trying to pretend the whole incident never happened in which case you can disregard my question.
Wonderful Pictures! It's so exiting to be able to see the world through your eyes. The picture of Matt & the kids is soooo cute!!! Kaylin on the steps and Shane standing on the grate are so precious... I can't stand it!!! I NEED SOME KISSES & HUGS!!!!!!!5 more weeks ahhhhhhh!
I'll calm down...haha
Love always and sending lots and lots of hugs and kisses to all.
Mom/Mana
All I can say is Awesome!!!! You all looked like you were having a great time!!!! You guys are really getting the experience of a lifetime :) BIG TIME JEALOUS! Miss you guys!
Your little Bro
Post a Comment