Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Paris Part 2

Here are our long overdue Paris pictures. The Eiffel Tower was to my surprise absolutely beautiful at night. I figured they would light it up, it was WAY above and beyond my expectations. Here are just a few pictures...it was lit up in every color combination. After the show which was about 20 minutes we went back to the hotel and to bed.

The next morning we went to this beautiful Church which sits at the highest point in Paris.

View from the top

At the bottom of the hill was a beautiful double decor carousel and a little playground.
We then took the metro to the Arc de Triomphe. Napoleon had it built to honor all those who fought for France. Underneath is the tomb of the Unknown Soldier from World War I.
The next morning we were up early and left before the traffic was too bad. It was a great trip and I am so glad we went. If we are ever to go back we really want to go in the Louvre, and I particularly want to see the Palace of Versailles. There is so much to see and do in Paris that we just could not fit it all into a long weekend.

2 comments:

Laura

Wow Sarah! Those pictures are great. The Palace of Versailles is amazing. You would love it. I hope you get to go back but it looks like you saw and did alot in a short time. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

carydzik

What an awesome trip! I really hope you get to go to Versailles! I hear it's gorgeous:)