Monday, July 20, 2009

Antwerp, Belgium

On July 11 we decided to take a trip to Antwerp, Belgium, a 2 hour train ride away. We left the house at about 8am to catch the 8:55 am train. Bud, Jane, Bill , Lauren, Matt, me, the kids and SO much STUFF. I tell you, traveling with 2 small kids can be difficult! I try not to pack so much stuff, but it never fails that when I don't bring something then we need it. The train was pretty uneventful asside from it being so full, by the end people were standing in the isles. Luckily we were on early enough to get seats. We got off the train, made bathroom breaks where the newbies were exposed to the european way of having to pay to use the bathroom. LOL!

We walked around the town, had lunch where Jane tried another European hamburger only to be disappointed that it didn't taste good in Belgium either, lol, raced in and out of the rain, bought some great chocolate and had free ice cream! A very nice day!