I am obviously WAYYYY behind on updating the blog and I am in danger of the whole thing becoming overwhelming. Oh the pictures to go through!
Where are we now? For the past 2 weeks the kids and I have been staying at my parents house, but will be moving over to Bud and Jane's for the remainder (2 weeks) of our vacation. Matt has been in Tokyo and will be here tomorrow!
What have we done since the last post? Well, enough that I am going to have to break this post into 2 (or more) separate posts. I will give a general rundown...Matt, me, the kids,Bud and Jane took an awesome trip to Edinburgh, Scotland which involved castles, a ferry (more like a cruise ship!), double decker bus and did I mention castles!? So cool! Oh by the way we left a day after our basement flooded with sewage! Fantastic.
We came back to Amsterdam and that night Bill and Lauren came back from a great trip to Italy, (they have some AWESOME pictures!), Matt left the following day for Tokyo, Bill and Lauren left the day after he did and then Bud and Jane toured the city, played with the kids and unknotted a VERY knotted ball of yarn for me. :)
Ok so that was a week and then we left to come back to the US. Here is the breakdown; from Tokyo we were in Amsterdam for a total of 2 weeks and 1 week in Scotland. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that when Kaylin was asked where she lived she immediately replied "on an airplane." Yep, that was like a kick in the stomach, but cute at the same time.
Kaylin flew with Bud and Jane and I flew with Shane who for about 10 minutes was on Stand By for the flight.
The past two weeks have been wonderfully relaxing. Friends, family, a yard to play in, TARGET!! a grocery store that is 10 times bigger than the one I am used to shopping in! All to come in more detail later.
The next post will be on our trip to Scotland. I really just wrote this as an outline to help kick me into gear. Blogging just was at the bottom end of my list the last few weeks.
12 years ago

1 comments:
I certainly have missed reading your blog, but I am glad that you have been having a great time and that is why you haven't been blogging :) I can't wait to see some pictures. Kaylin living on an airplane is kind of cute, although I can see where you wouldn't think so. Someday you'll think back on that and laugh. Can't wait to see you guys in about a week. :)
Post a Comment