Thursday, February 5, 2009

House visit

Yesterday we had a house visit from the baby clinic. It basically was what we do when we go to the Dr for the first time, the only difference here is they come to your house. I was a little nervous before they came because I really didn't know what to expect, but everything went well and I understand the process a bit more. Kaylin has a check up next Wednesday and they want to see Shane the beginning of March.
The vaccine schedule is a bit different. The only one I can think of now is they don't administer the Hep B shot unless the child's parents are infected which makes sense to me. Although, she did say they will start giving it to all kids with in the next few years.
The baby clinic is for kids from birth to 4 and I believe all appointments and vaccines are free.
Also, all the kids here continue to take vitamin D a lot longer because we are lacking in sunshine in the winter.

1 comments:

Jane

I found it interesting that the kids take Vitamin D because of the lack of sunshine. It is nice to know that the health coverage is good for the kids. Stay healthy. Lots of love,
Mana Jane