Saturday, November 8, 2008

The past week

Updates from the week:

Tuesday I took the kids over to the new house and we were able to take another look around. Kaylin really seemed to enjoy being there and picked our her room and Shane's room and we decided where her manas and popas were going to stay when visiting. It was a struggle to get her to leave and I will take that as a good sign.

We are doing the check-in for our house on Thursday at 5:00 and the movers are coming between 8-9 on Friday morning. I can not even begin to describe how happy we are! We have been out of our house for just over 6 weeks now and we are ready for the comforts of home.


I went to the monthly meeting for the American Women's Club of Amsterdam this past Thursday. It was nice to meet some of the other women, but is not the best place to bring kids. So, we didn't stay too long. I paid my membership dues and am now an official member.


Yesterday Matt signed up to rent movies at a place near by so we had movie night. We both watched Fools Gold and then I went to bed and Matt watched Shooters. I wasn't too interested in that one.



Work is going well for Matt. He still has not been assigned to a client yet so he is spending his time doing tutorials or playing around on Facebook! If anyone has a facebook page you probably are aware that after making fun of me Matt is now a member and spends a great deal of time on it!


Today we went to Amstelveen which is a city about 30 minutes south of Amsterdam. They have a large shopping mall there. I wanted to go to Prenatal, a baby store to pick up nightlights and a baby monitor. I also had hopes of getting a phone but found out that we have to have our residents permit first which we still have to get. We spent about 3 hours there and picked up a few things for the house. Tonight we had plans to go over to Megan and Jim's house for dinner, but their son Jack came down with a cold so we took a rain check and hope to get together soon.


We are going to try again to go on the Heineken Tour tomorrow.


The kids are doing well. I can tell Kaylin is starting to get really cooped up here which makes our move this week even better. Her favorite phrases lately are "Let go Mommy," when ever I am trying to help her or take something away. She also frequently says "No Pictures Mommy No Pictures," can you tell she has seen a lot of the camera the past month. She also says "self" a lot because she is becoming even more independent and wants to do everything herself. She can put on and take off her pants and tries to put her socks on and can get her shoes on by herself- surprisingly usually on the right feet.


Shane is growing like a weed and his first tooth, his bottom left, just broke through today! I can't even imagine him with teeth...he is too small for teeth! He also had his first bites of avocado ( a GREAT first food! ) and green beans and really enjoys both. Below are pics of both of them enjoying the avocado. He also scoots around. Not on his knees yet, but he gets to where he wants to go. In the picture below, he started out on the mat in the bottom left and you see where he ended up. He also LOVES splashing in the tub. His little arms and feet go a mile a minute!





Somebody tell me where the pause button is.

2 comments:

Debbie

Hi,
Boy oh boy....Kaylin & Shane are growing up so fast....It seems like they do or say something new everyday. You are doing a wonderful job with the blog. Thank you! It makes it alot easier being so far away. I'm so glad you are finally getting to move into your new place, it will be so nice! I can't wait to get over there to see it and see all of you!
Love, Hugs & Lots of Kisses
Mom & Grandma (Mana)

Kate

Ahh the joys and differences with an active little boy. Just wait until he starts climbing!!!