We were planning on taking the kids Trick or Treating, but the windchill was 38 degrees and we don't have the kids winter coats or mittens, so we stayed in. At least they went to the Halloween Party the week before.
On Saturday I went to a baby shower for the wife of a guy Matt works with. It was at Bakkerswinkel, a great restaurant! It was very nice and I was able to meet quite a few people that I have a feeling we are going to spend a lot of time with! I was a little hesitant going at first because I had never met her before so I felt really strange going to her baby shower, but I am really glad I went. It is different here in that everyone has been in our position before so I feel like people are going above and beyond to make us feel welcome. It is much appreciated!!
After the shower I came back and we got the kids ready for Andrew's 1st birthday party at Sara and Aaron's. It was a great farm themed party and the kids had a great time!
Sunday was my birthday. Happy B-day to me! :) Matt bought me the movie Sex in the City and the kids gave me the Other Boleyn Sister. I had been wanting to see both!! So, I watched those and Matt cooked a great dinner...steaks, potatoes, mushrooms, onions...fantastic! I also was able to shower without any kids in the room. It was wonderful! :)
Today I took Kaylin and Shane to Tun Fun. It is an indoor playground built in a former traffic underpass. There is quite a bit to keep the kids occupied. I really liked that they have it divided so the little kids are not in with the bigger kids and vice versa. Kaylin spend the first half playing in the age 1-4 area and then because she thinks she is 10 years old she thought she belonged with the bigger kids. So, I spent the last half trying to persuade her back to the toddler area! It was about a 20 minute walk there and I had no problems finding it. I definitely am not feeling
as scared to take the kids out. Taking them on the tram intimidates me a bit still, but I am sure it will be second nature soon and I don't enjoy grocery shopping with them, but I didn't back home either! :)

5 comments:
Glad to hear you had a good birthday - esp being able to shower alone! :-) And that sounds like a delicious dinner that Matt made! He's hired! :-)
Looks like Kaylin had a blast at the play place - did she inherit a horse while there? Looks like she took it as her own! :-) Sounds about right for her age...
So glad you're settling in - and getting your stuff soon! Only 12 more days til you move! YAY!
I'm glad you & the kids were able to get out today and to a really fun place too! I can't wait to get over there to see all of the places that you've been so far. You are sounding so confident every time you go somewhere. The more you venture out the better it gets.
Have a great night & probably will talk to you tomorrow.
Hugs & Kisses,
Mom & Grandma (Mana)
Sounds like you have had a great couple of days!! I am very happy to hear that!! I love those pictures of Kaylin at Tun Fun!! I hope I will get the chance to take Kaylin there when I come over and visit :)
Happy belated birthday Sarah! Glad to hear you're settling in a bit! Everything sounds sooooo cool! I wish I was there, because I'd watch the kids for you so you could take a shower alone! Hopefully I'll be able to make good on that! Love Claire
p.s. say hi to Matt and the kids!
Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment