Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A few more days...















I am sitting in our empty house waiting for the carpet cleaners to come. It is such an odd feeling to be able to hear the echo of my feet while I walk in a normally noisy house. The movers have come and gone as have the painters. We give the keys to the renters tomorrow.

I thought last Thursday, the day the movers came, would be difficult. To my surprise it was a huge relief that everything was out of my control. They came in and had the whole house packed in one day (including my cell phone which was found after they left by Matt calling it and me listening to the boxes!) Everything that was going by air left on Thursday, everything going in storage left on Friday and everything that was going by sea went on Monday. That was the hardest day for me... seeing the house empty and knowing there really is absolutely no turning back. Tears have been easier to come the past few days, but if I keep busy there is less time to think.
So, let me think back to where I left off at the beginning of the month...

The house has been rented to a couple with 4 kids, the two youngest are 16 and 18 and live at home. The seem to be very nice and we hope everything goes smoothly.
We have received all of our paperwork; Matt's visa was the last thing we were waiting on which came yesterday.

Kaylin was able to spend some time with her cousin Asher. They have SO much fun together and on almost a daily basis she asks about him. I will have to get some of the pics of them from that weekend. I am sad that they are going to miss out on spending time together the next two years, but look forward to how much fun they are going to have when we get back.



We had some AWESOME going away parties. The first was with my friends from MOMs club. We went out for dinner and drinks to La Chimenea. It was very fun and I will miss those ladies SO much!!!
On Sunday the 21st our families threw us a party in Waukesha which most of you were able to attend. It was perfect! The time flew by though and we wish we had more time to spend with all of you .
The following Friday, PWC threw a party at Bootleggers on Old World Third Street in Milwaukee. It is a great bar and we had so much fun with some of our friends!


We spent Thursday -Tuesday with Bud and Jane and are spending Tuesday -Saturday with my parents. It has been really nice being able to spend these last few days with family and Kaylin really does enjoy being at their houses. I just feel really unorganized with our stuff all over the place. We are planning on having breakfast together on Saturday.


On Sunday we took Kaylin back to the house so we could say good bye to all of the rooms. We told her that all of her toys were in the boxes and that when we get to our new house she can open them up like presents. She wouldn't walk through the house, but wanted to be carried and then went outside to play while I cleaned up a few things. She seemed fine after that until yesterday morning when she said "home" a couple of times. I wasn't really sure if she was putting it all together until today when out of the blue she started crying and saying, "Home now, home now". It took everything I had not to start crying! I just told her that we will be going to find our new home in a couple of days. I really hope we find one quickly so we can get back into our routine. So, she definitely a bit confused. We go apartment hunting at 9:30 Tuesday morning.


Matt received an e-mail from a guy he will be working with in Amsterdam- he invited us to dinner on Sunday night. I thought that was so nice that they are trying to make us feel comfortable right away.


I had to add this cute picture of Shane- 4 months already!


That's all for now...


Thanks to Kate and Janelle for helping me with the pics!!

4 comments:

Stephanie
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie

Sarah, Matt, and Family,
Good luck next week with finding and apartment, the time change, and getting Kaylin used to her new home. Everything will be fine I am sure. Just remember you have so much love and support back home, and if you need something familiar we are all here to talk and send pictures. Its really nice that you got to rent your home so that it is here when you come back. We love you guys and will miss you very much. We look forward to reading about your adventures in Amsterdam! See you in the spring. :)

Love,
Steph and Brandon

Kate

so hard to believe that you are actually leaving. we are heading out of town today and will be following your adventure so don't let us down! Enjoy the trip, the flight as much as you can and be well. We will miss you tons. Lots of love to everyone.
Kate

Deb Winters aka Grandma (Mana)

Hi Matt, Sarah, Kaylin & Shane,
You just left today and I am very sad...:( I love you all very much and I hope everything goes well and your flight is a smooth one. Hope to hear from you soon. I can't wait to see you all on the webcam.
Miss you and love you all,
Mom & Grandma (Mana)