Monday, October 20, 2008

Matt's First Day

Matt started work today and said he had a good but boring day getting his computer set up with all of the files he needs. He is expected into work between 8-9 AM which is really nice and then today he got home around 6:15. I keep asking if there is anything else that went on to add to the blog, but he insists that is about it!

Kaylin, Shane and I went to our first playgroup. I missed our stop and had a little bit of trouble finding the apartment, but overall it was pretty smooth. I had Kaylin walk down the stairs and I put Shane in the carrier and then took the stroller up the stairs to the sidewalk. I had to do a little pursuing to get Kaylin into the stroller, but once she was in she was fine. There were about 15 kids there and Kaylin had a good time playing with them. It seems like a good group and I look forward to getting to know everyone better.

4 comments:

Sean

Sounds like the first day for all of you went well :) I am happy to hear that!! I am sure Kaylin and Shane are excited to be able to play with all of those kids!

Debbie

What a big boy! I'm so proud of him! I only wish I could give him a big kiss & hug! I'm glad Kaylin got a chance to play with the kids, I'm sure she will have a few buddies soon!
I'm glad Matt's day went well even so it was "boring". I bet he won't be saying that much longer though once he's get's into the meat of things!
Have a great evening....
Love you all,
Mom & Grandma (Mana)
XXXXXXXXXX,OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kate

Is Matt's job ever really exciting to the average person, besides all the good food and wine?
Glad you did well with him going off to work and get to now settle into life as you will know it- very exciting. Enjoy getting to know new moms, and never underestimate the power of your crochet hook. I like to keep a ball of yarn in my pocket and work on things at the park, anyone who is like minded will seek you out.

Laura

Playgroup is a great thing. I am glad that you and the kids have one to go to. It won't be long and Shane will be playing with all of the kids too. At least he probably had fun watching all of the excitement.