We went on our apartment search yesterday and have found a place. I went in the morning and looked at 9 places and narrowed them down to 4 and then Matt went in the afternoon and looked at the 4. Almost every place had steep narrow staircases that I could see myself falling down while carrying Shane!
The first one we decided on, which is the one I told mom, dad and Jane about, is no longer available. The landlord only wanted to rent it short term and then sell it. So, we went with our second choice which is still a great choice. We had a hard time deciding between the two anyway. I met the landlord and he is really nice. The previous tenants were terrible and left the place a mess so he will be repainting everything and replacing the fixtures, so we can't get in until Nov 15. In the pictures you can still see a lot of the junk they left behind. It is 4 bedrooms, 2 are a good size and then 2 are pretty small. There is a garden and a basement which is really what sold us on the house. Plenty of room for the kids to play. We are also 10 minutes from the Vondelpark, which is the biggest park in Amsterdam and a block or so from a small park with playground equipment. I will post a video once we move in.
Kaylin is doing a little better with sleeping. She is now taking an afternoon nap, but still is waking up at about 9:30 pm. She didn't get out of be last night, she just tossed and turned for a couple of hours. We have a CD of lullabies that she listens to, but she still needs one of us to be with her.
We went to the Vondelpark yesterday...here is Kaylin and Shane enjoying the day.
Thanks for all of your support and comments! We really enjoy reading them!

5 comments:
Hi Matt, Sarah, Kaylin & Shane,
The pictures of the new place look wonderful! I love the french doors and the wood floors! I can't wait to see it in person!
Kaylin looks like she was having fun with the ducks in the pond! Shane is such a sweetie with his big smiles!!
I'm sending you lots of kisses & Hugs...XXXXXXXXXX,OOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Love you all,
Mom & Grandma
Hi Guy's,
Looks like you found a great place to call home for the next two years!! Kaylin and Shane seem happy in the pictures :>) Looks like it's fall there too.
Talk to you soon
HOoray for finding a place! that was fast... the pictures are great so keep posting. Glad there are parks nearby.
k
What a great place! Like the hardwood floors - and the kitchen looks pretty new! I can't believe you found a place so soon - that's awesome. Looks like the kids are doing well - enjoying the park, big smiles and all. Can't wait to see video of the house - too bad you can't spend your birthday in it! :-) Anyway...keep posting. I'm getting a little obssesive about checking to see your postings! :-) I think I need to get that under control! Take care!
This looks like a really nice place. In the picture of Kaylin by the ducks and Shane all bundled up it looks like fall, what the temp. there?
Post a Comment