Monday, October 6, 2008

We made it!!

We are here safe and sound! We were picked up at 1:30 Saturday afternoon by a limo- that's right a limo! It was a great way to go to the airport. We had so much luggage! 2 strollers, 2 car seats, 1 car seat base, 1 diaper bag, 1 Tinkerbell suitcase for Kaylin and 6 other suitcases along with 2 carry on bags.


We arrived at the airport at about 3:00, checked our bags and then went to the gate. Once we got there we were told that we were upgraded to business class because they had switched planes and there were 3 other families that they were also trying to sit together. No Complaints from us.

Getting on the plane was difficult just because of all the stuff we were trying to carry along with carrying the kids. The flight was long but good. Kaylin slept for about 4 hours and Shane slept off and on through out the flight. It was a little hectic once we landed-trying to get all of our luggage out into the arrivals hall which is were our ride was picking us up. We actually had two drivers waiting for us. The US firm hired someone and so did the Dutch firm...at least 2 showed up rather than no one.

We loaded everything up and were off to our temporary housing. On the ride here Kaylin got sick...I think it was a combination of being overtired and the stress of so much going on in the last week or so.

One we settled in a bit I went to the grocery store and then we all took naps.

Last night was a little rough. Both kids were wide eyed at midnight! Kaylin watched a movie and I walked around the apartment with Shane to try and get him to sleep. Finally everyone was asleep and we woke up at about 11:00. Hopefully tonight will be better!
We walked around the city a bit today. It is beautiful!

We have had problems trying to figure out the washing machine. It is a combined washer and drier and we can't get the drier to work, so the clothes have been washed a few times.

Tomorrow at 9:30 I am going with the realtor to look for an apartment
Time to go; dinner is ready- sausage and potatoes.

I will try and post again tomorrow.



4 comments:

Sean

Good job on the pix and video!! I am impressed!!!! Everything looks awesome, and I am glad you are all "settled" in...We are going to have to set up specific times to video chat :) Give Kaylin and Shane a big hug for me!!!
Love you guys!

Kate

so glad that you have a video camera. Sorry we didn't get to say goodbye. I was going to call, and we were gone, and I just didn't know if I could do it. We will miss you so much!! Can't wait to see more, good luck finding another place to live, but the canal seems pretty awesome.

jules

I'm SO glad you got there fine - been thinking about you all... I LOVE the pics and video - you have a cute little place - and the canal is great! Wish we were there with you! (I'm a bit jealous) :) I hope you get more *normal* sleep in the next few days! Keep us updated! :-)

Janelle

What a beautiful view!!!! I'm so jealous! I'm glad you made it there safely and things are going well!