Zaanse Schans is a great little village and once there I remember that it was a place we went when I was here for school. It reminds me a bit of Old World Wisconsin but smaller. I remembered it by the big yellow wooden shoe. We walked around a little bit had a lunch of pancakes with meat and cheese. Sounds strange, but it was really good. (The pancake is similar to a crepe.) We then walked through the cheese house and the house where wooden shoes were being made. The cheese was FANTASTIC!!! With Kaylin having a bit of a shoe fetish, she enjoyed looking at all of the wooden ones. We wouldn't let her put any on because we knew we would never get them off of her. I am still tempted to buy each of the kids a pair. They are VERY cute! Kaylin fell asleep in the stroller and slept until we were almost home on the tram.
The people here have been extremelly friendly and we have had quite a bit of help with the stroller and directions.
The kids were great and aside from a whole bottle of chocolate milk spilling into the stroller (BOOOO) it was a great day!

7 comments:
Hallo to my wondering adventurers! You all look like you are having so much fun!! I bet Kaylin was so exicted. I can just picture her face when the train started moving (her eyes really big and her mouth open) ha,ha, By the time we get over there you will truley be considered "Locals".
Have fun and I look forward to more pic's and stories.
Love you all,
Mom & Grandma(Mana)
Those pictures are AWESOME!!! You are going to have to remember all of these fun places for when I come over!!!! The pictures you have posted are just great. I look at the blog every day- multiple times just to see pics of you guys :) SO KEEP THEM COMING!!!!
You guys look like you're having a great time! You're going to have so many great family pictures :) and I'm with Sean... Keep them coming! You're blog is a way for us to live your adventure through you!
This is amazing. I am so thrilled to get home and check the sight. I love the beautiful pictures and the story of the adventure. You all look so happy. Looks like you had a great adventure.Sarah, keep up the great work. Thanks, this sight and the webcam are heiping me not miss you so much. Lots of love and plenty of hugs and kisses,
Jane& the other Mana
Glad that you are getting chances to explore and matt has time to do family stuff. Looks like you are settling i well.
What great pictures. How they make me want to travel!!!! Glad to see everyone is doing well. Keep writing as we love reading and seeing new pictures.
Hi Matt, Sarah, Kaylin & Shane,
I love what you did with the blog background! It looks so pretty! The slide slow pictures of the kids are so cute and the canals and bridges are beautiful. Good Luck Matt tomorrow on your first day in your new office!
Love you & miss lots,
Kisses & hugs to you all,
Mom & Grandma (Mana)XXXXXXXXXXX,OOOOOOOOOOO
Post a Comment