Friday, January 23, 2009

Rain.

So, I know that I have been told this- probably about a hundred times...It rains in The Netherlands during their winter months...Yeah I get it- but seriously...Its got to stop some time for us to get out and explore with out getting soaked! Ok enough of that- but still on that subject a little...We played in the house yesterday because it was raining! HAHA Mom was ambitious and went out down the way to the grocery store- but other than that, it was an uneventful day. 
We took the kids downstairs to the basement to play. That was hilarious. Shane was crawling all over, and Kaylin was showing me how she rides her horse. 

 
Kaylin first started riding her horse, then decided that it was time for it to have dinner, so she went around and picked out a bunch of play food to feed her horse. 
     
Then she got tired of that and went to find her picture book that Sarah and Matt made for her. This picture book had pictures of friends and family for her to look at while she was on the plane and so she could play with it here too.
The funny thing is-once she found this book, she decided that the horse NEEDED to see all of the pictures in the book. So she went one by one, telling the horse who was in the picture, and then patted the horse while showing it the picture- HILARIOUS!
 



Later that day we painted with water colors. That was pretty fun. We were trying to get Kaylin to paint pictures for Mom and Dad- or Grandma and Grandpa...but she only wanted to paint pictures for Bailey (my Moms Dog) Go figure!
Oh and did I mention that Kaylin thought it would be a good idea to start painting her face???
Luckily she only started on her cheek, chin and shirt...haha
I also have some pictures of Shane getting up from his nap...
He is such a happy baby!
   
And lastly, Here are some nice pics of Grandma and Kaylin reading stories-
   

Tomorrow weather.com says its supposed to be partly cloudy with NO RAIN!!! YAY! We are packing up and heading out for the whole day! So look for some great stories and pictures to follow!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous

Hi Guy's,
Hey Sean have you had any RAIN lately?? ha ha (sorry) Here we're supposed to be in a deep freeze for the weekend again (-20 to -25 wind chill) so to me I wouldn't mind a little milder weather. I hope the weather improves for you guy's so you can get out and about. Kaylin is so cute with her horse. Sarah and Matt will need to get her a real pony someday. Well gotta go, have lots of fun and keep up the good job on the blog!!
Denise

Jane

Thanks for taking over Sean. You are doing a great job, the pictures and storyline are wonderful. I love seeing their daily activites. Sorry about the rain. Shanes outfit was once his daddy's. We had a nice visit with Matt and Sarah in Chicago. Keep us posted. MUCH LOVE, and many hugs
Mana

Dawn

Deb and Sean,
It sounds like your having a good time except for the Rain, but I think I would rather have the rain that the freezing COLD like we are having here. Great job on the blogging. Sean Keep up the good work.