Friday, January 30, 2009

The last two weeks



Well, mom and Sean are on their way home after a great 2 weeks. We had such a good time with them here and are very sad that they had to leave. Sean did a great job updating the blog and Matt thinks we should outsource it to him! I seriously thought about it for about a minute and then decided that I will try to get back into the swing of regularly posting. It was such a nice day out yesterday so we left in the morning and went to the floating flower market and down Kalverstraat which is a huge shopping street and then to Dam Square which is were the Royal family lives and was the main square where people would do their buying and selling of goods. After that we went to lunch and then walked around again. The kids did great and it was a nice end to a great vacation. Sean has some pics that I will have to get from him and then post here.

Matt and I had a fantastic time in Cancun after a very tough first day with out the kids. It was SO HARD leaving them. Matt kept commenting on my "fragile emotional state." We were able to call home every other day which made being so far away much easier.


It was so nice to get away and spend time with Matt and I was so happy we could be at Jen and Jason's wedding. It was absolutely beautiful and they couldn't have asked for a better day. I was very surprised at the amount of strangers taking pictures and video- yes video of their wedding. I just am surprised that people would want pics and video of a wedding where they have never met the people!



We left Wednesday morning and arrived in Chicago around 1pm and then Bud and Jane met us for dinner. It was so nice to spend some time with them. It felt really strange to be in Chicago...so close to home. We spent the night in Chicago and left first thing Thursday morning for Cancun! We arrived 45 minutes early only to stand for 2 1/2 hours waiting to get through customs. Not so much fun.


We then took a shuttle to the hotel, checked in, found Jen, Jason, Kristy and Darren on the beach and that is pretty much where we spent the vacation! We went into town twice, took a day trip where we could snorkel and shop at a small island.


It was a great time (aside from Darren, Kristy and Jen getting food poisoning-NOT fun)!

View from our room




2 comments:

carydzik

I like how the snow is in the background, while you're on the beach! It almost looks fake! glad you had fun, and the pics are gorgeous! Hope to see more blogs soon! Love, Claire

Debbie

I'm so glad you both had a chance to get away on vacation. YOu took some great pictures. We(Sean & I) had a wonderful time with both of you and our sweet kids. Thank you for making us feel so much at home. I'm just amazed at how fast the time just flew. I can still see you Sarah, Shane & Kaylin watching us out of your living room window waving goodbye on Friday morning. That was real hard to do, but knowing we are coming back in 3 months helped me get through it. Amsterdam is a beautiful city and I can't wait to come back and experiance more of it and the surrounding areas.
Love you all so much,
Love and Kiss (Lots of them)
Mom & Grandma (Mana)