Once we got into the park, it was really nice. The whole thing is kept up so well! With it even being the middle of winter here, they still had ground workers going around making sure everything was just right. Unfortunately there was nothing to really look at- plantwise because it IS winter here...
I really enjoyed the pond that they have in the park. It is really large and is home to a ton of bird life. It was really fun to see. We stopped off in a little alcove to watch the ducks and a flock of pigeons that greeted us looking for hand outs... Unfortunately we didn't have anything to give them. Mom tried making friends with one of the pigeons, but once he found out that she didn't have any food- he took off- haha
We then kept walking around the park and found a playground. We stopped to play but the equipment that was there was for older kids so Kaylin ended up just running around saying "Hi!' to every kid she saw. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of that :( but I do have one of Shane while he was sitting in the stroller while Kaylin played.
We then left the playground and the kids were starting to unravel so we headed home. The walk home was nice because we took a different way home than the way we took to the park. We got to see more city life, shops and so on- it was really fun.
Finally we got home and the kids were relieved. They were ready for sight seeing to be done for the day.
The rest of the day, we spent making dinner, playing with the kids and then having movie time before bed. Now Mom and I are sitting here watching "Little People Big World" I am very glad that we get some American channels here-You can only take so much of TV in dutch subtitled in English. Well thats it for today. Tomorrow brings a new day and more excitement!

1 comments:
Sounds like a full day. It is great to get your perspective about the area. I am sure just being with the kids is enough entertainment. Kisses to those babies, I miss talking to them. jane
Post a Comment