Wednesday, April 1, 2009

1st Driving Experience and Keukenhof

Today Chelsea and I decided to take the kids to Kuekenhof Gardens because it was supposed to be a beautiful day. So I needed to drive which I have not done yet! Yes, we have been here almost 6 months and I have not needed to drive. I was really nervous so I followed Chelsea there so I could get the feel of it. No problems on the way there and actually easier than I thought. I made it home on my own...well not exactly on my own, Trudy our navigation system led the way! I just need to remember no right turn on red and if I want to turn right I have to wait for the bikes that are going straight because they have the right of way.

The gardens are beautiful! The tulips haven't bloomed yet, but there are a lot of other flowers and I am so excited to go back with Derek, Laura, Abby and Cade on Sunday!!!


There was a great petting zoo and kids area that we spent a lot of time in.

Shane and Harper






Harper, Rowen and Kaylin driving to see Santa. Kaylin ALWAYS drives to see Santa.


Kaylin LOVED the animals and wasn't scared at all.































Yes, another shoe picture!














Rowen found a lady bug right when we arrived and Kaylin had it on her arm for a bit.


Rowen and Kaylin holding hands. So cute!!





Kaylin smelling the flowers.





2 comments:

Debbie

I can't wait to go! It looks beautiful and the kids look like they had lots of fun. It looks so springy already. We are supposed to get some snow again today/tonight/tomorrow, yuk ! I'm so proud of you venturing out and driving the car. I guess you just have to just jump in and do it to get comfortable with it.
Have a great day,
Miss & Love you all so much!!
1 more month to see you again!
Mom & Grandma (Mana)

jules

Awww!!! Spring is here! YAY! It looks like it's a beautiful place! I'd love to go see it...looks like the kids had a blast! :)