Unfortunately we had to cancel Matt's surprise 30th birthday trip. I am trying not to be too disappointed because we have been given the opportunity to see a part of the world that neither of us thought we would get to see. So, I had to tell Matt where we were going so we could get reimbursed for the plane tickets etc. Geneva, Switzerland was the destination. Oh well!
Matt will be in corporate housing, similar to what we stayed in when we first came here. Part of me wonders if we are making the right decision taking the kids there for 6 weeks, but if we do they get to see Matt, so that is really all that matters.
I know the kids really won't remember any of our time here, but I hope they will learn how to adapt to different situations, realize that there are different cultures, to celebrate the differences and not criticize, and to take opportunities that are given to you even if they seem difficult. I hope that it will make us better parents.
I am sad that I will not have the daily hands on support of Matt, but we knew there was a chance that he would travel for long periods before we moved, so I feel that I have been mentally preparing for a while now. I also have some good friends that will keep me sane!
So, Japan here we come! Good thing we like Sushi! :)

6 comments:
Matt, Sarah Kaylin & Shane... My Travel'in, Travel'in Travel'in adventurers.....You do realize you are putting me out of my comfort zone again. I just got used to your moving to Amsterdam, ha,ha...It's a wonderful experience for you and I am happy for you. I don't know about the sushi part though, never tried it and I would have to be feeling my drink before I would attempt it. I can't wait to be able to hug and kiss yo all, jut a few weeks, YEAH !!!
Love,
Mom & Grandma (Mana)
Wow! Saturday is soon...but I guess you already knew that. Matt better get shopping for some suits ;-) You guys are already great parents and all of these experiences will only make your family stronger! Congratulations on all of your new adventures and keep posting so we can have a feel of what it might be like. Matt might have to start blogging too!!
I think you two have been provided with some EXCELLENT, once-in-a-lifetime opportunities that are only enhancing your family connections and are DEFINITELY teaching your kids to deal with change, diversity and new cultures. Good for you! You are such GOOD parents! :) I hope you all enjoy Japan...I know we'll enjoy reading about your experiences! And Aunt Deb, Sushi is the BEST! And I bet it's even BETTER in Japan! Let us know Sar! :)
Oh my god, what an adventure!! I couldn't even imagine all the traveling your doing, your so lucky to have that opportunity! Have the best time going to japan and keep up on your blog, everyone loves it :)
Japan sounds awesome. I am glad that you are ready for the challenges that are awaiting you, being a single mom in a foreign country for a bit. I am so impressed and know you will do great, way to embrace your life!! I am a bit jealous that you get to see Japan, oh the fabric they have and the craft movement there is phenomenal. Start getting excited.
Post a Comment