Monday, April 20, 2009

Matt made it to Tokyo!

Matt has arrived safe and sound in Tokyo. Saturday was a very emotional day for all of us. It was hard for me to see him go for such a long time and hard for him to believe he wasn't going to see the kids for a whole month.
We packed him up with everything he needs for work and then some toys and things for the kids. We thought the less we have to pack when we bring the kids the easier that trip will be!

He left here at 3:30 on Saturday and arrived at his hotel at about 1:00pm (Amsterdam time) the next day ( 8pm Tokyo time.) He took the camera and I think he will be posting some pictures from his time there.
We talked to him twice yesterday and I know he has a meeting today and tomorrow.

Last night we went over to Lucy's for dinner. We have found a great Mexican restaurant so we had take out with Lucy's and Chelsea's families. I learned last night that the owner of the restaurant is from Colorado! So, the food tastes like what we are used to back in the states.

Today we are headed to the grocery store (1st time back since the "incident" I had found excuses for Matt to go the last 2 weeks! :) and Shane has a Dr's appointment at 2:10 today. The boy is 11 months old! Can you believe it!? Unfortunately no pics today since Matt has the camera...I'll have to try to take one with computer!

1 comments:

carydzik

Hope Matt had a good trip! I'm sure it will seem like forever, but before you know it Shane will be a year old, and you will all be in Japan! How exciting! Thank God for blogs and skype! Love you, Claire