As I mentioned earlier we had so much fun with the Kilmartin's this past weekend and were so happy they could come and stay with us. They arrived on Friday to a beautiful and warm day. Kaylin led the way to the park closest to the house. It was SO busy!! Laura was nice enough to let me download all of their pictures, so every picture from the weekend was taken by either Laura or Derek.
We spent the afternoon just catching up, playing at the park and on the back patio. After dinner it was time to get cleaned up and go to bed. Cade feel asleep at the dinner table with a piece of bread in hanging out of his mouth. It was so cute.
Abby and Cade did really well adjusting to the time change...although I wasn't the one that had to get up with them to play in the middle of the night, so you might want to check the Kilmartin's blog to find out their take! :) They did really well though. ;)
Unfortunately, in addition to getting up in the middle of the night, they had what I was fearing the most... national pet of Amsterdam...a mouse in their room. Uggg! It ate through one of their bags. I felt so bad! After that we had enough...no matter what is "normal" here...we called an exterminator on Monday!
On Saturday we went to the hiding place of Anne Frank. It is such an amazing story. I reread most of the book before we came and now living here I am understanding more of what she is talking about. While there I read that the German Headquarters was on the street that is a block from us. I still have to find out where exactly.
That is all for now...next post will be from Zaan Schaans, Kukenhof and Easter weekend and a lot of pictures!!

1 comments:
I'm glad y'all had fun! Anne Frank's story has always interested me! Crazy to think that it's only been a few years.... I'm glad you are having good weather. We miss you! Love- Claire
Post a Comment