Thursday, April 2, 2009

I just had an "I don't want to be here anymore moment! "

Today has been one of THOSE days....everything has taken twice as long as it should and I have a bunch to do. I needed to go to the grocery store so I loaded the kids into the double stroller, grabbed our glass and cardboard to take to recycling and off we went amid screams from Kaylin. Why was she crying? Good question. The grocery store is only a few blocks away and half way there I couldn't take the crying any more so I said what I vowed as a child I would never say...."If you don't stop we are turning around and going RIGHT home." Which only made her cry more. So we turned around. Finally she stopped crying and because I really needed to get to the store turned back. At the store everything was going as smoothly as it can while pushing a double stroller and carrying a basket in a crowed small store! Ready to check out and there is only one lane open...not a surprise. I wheeled our way over to the 7 deep line and waited my turn. While waiting in line Shane starts kicking the back of Kaylin's seat. She started screaming, "NO KICK MY SEAT!" over and over. Well, how do you tell a 10 month old to stop kicking her seat? He thinks it is great fun and has a smile from ear to ear. Now I am unloading my groceries, the lady is very unfriendly and I don't even know if she scanned my bonus card. At that point I didn't even care. I pick up my last item to pack into the stroller, a glass bottle of coffee cream...and I drop it on the floor. Glass and cream everywhere. So, being as frustrated as I am I start to cry. Yes as embarrassing as it is to say I am standing in the store crying. Not sobbing, but tears are streaming and as hard as I tried to stop I couldn't! So, I am on the floor with one of the workers and a lady who obviously felt sorry for the crazy crying American with a loaded stroller and two kids, one of whom is saying "what doing mommy" cleaning it up. I was so embarrassed and I still had to go to another store. *Sigh* I also forgot to pick something up for dinner. Oh well. Luckily it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL today, so the walk home calmed me down, but I still can't wait until I can go to bed!! I have been told everyone has a day where they are just so tired of everything. Luckily this is really my first one. I hope I don't have any more!
Tomorrow is a better day! The Kilmartin's will be here and I can't wait! :)

5 comments:

jules

Awww....Sar! I'm so sorry! Life sure can be frustrating and crazy, huh? And I'm sure it's even worse when your not "home!" I hope you got/get a good night's sleep... I honestly think there's something "in the air" this week b/c I've been feeling the same way - and I'm not even in a different country! :)

Dawn

I can remember some of those days also Sarah, remember camping when Andy & Eric were about the same age as Kaylin I could have used a good cry and I wanted to go home too. It looks like spring coming soon and you can get the kids outside for some fresh air. Enjoy them when there young, they just grow to fast. Your such a good Mom :)

Debbie

Sarah....I just want to give you a big hug...You are such a good mom...and yes, I did have those times too. It doesn't help that you are sick too :( :(. I'm sure you are not the first person with kids that that's happened to in the store, and you won't be the last.
Have fun with your company tomorrow,
Love you all so much,
Lots and lots of hugs and Kisses,
Mom & Grnadma (Mana)

Anonymous

Oh my gosh Sarah, I feel so bad for you. If that was me I'd have done the same thing. (have a small meltdown) It seems overwelming at times I'm sure with two small children but hang in there, you know they'll melt your heart two minutes later. We're always thinking of you if that helps :)

Sarah

Thanks you guys! I think this blog is the best thing because I still feel so close to you guys. The support we have received has really helped to make this experience even better. THANK YOU!