Sunday, June 14, 2009

Playdates

This week we spent many hours at the park and went to 2 playgroups. On Tuesday I braved the subway with the kids. I didn't take the stroller because we were going to Sara's house which is only one stop away and not a long walk from there. Kaylin did really well walking and was so excited to play with Andrew. On Friday, a lady Matt works with was having an end of the school year party and all PWC families were invited. I took the kids and met Sara and her friend Jenny and went to the party. It was so much fun and we are going to get together with Sara and Jenny next week.

The kids really enjoyed themselves at the party. Isabelle had so many toys to play with and a closet full of Disney princess costumes and all of the accessories. Kaylin was in Heaven! I would take the kids down to the playroom with all of the other kids and I would turn around and Kaylin was making her way back to Isabelle's room so she could deck herself out in the "princess dresses." I wish I would have brought the camera because she looked SO cute in the little "glass" slippers and blue Cinderella dress and she found probably 8 necklaces and bracelets to complement her dress! By the end, a couple of other girls had dresses on too and I'd see them all breeze by on their hunt for other accessories or chocolate covered raisins and pretzels! I know what to get Kaylin for her birthday!

I have to admit that being in Tokyo is much easier than I thought it would be. As it is in Amsterdam, there are so many expats ready to help and having them here really makes the experience easier and more enjoyable!

3 comments:

Kate

you are amazing, making this adventure with two little ones in tow seem effortless.
Man do I miss you all... ben's brother is visiting and it is awesome, just makes me miss family and you all the more. Enjoy all your next days, Tokyo is going to be over before you are ready.

jules

It's awesome that you can still have playdates wherever you go! So Cool! :)

Sean

HAHA Thats awesome Kaylin is starting to dress up as a little princess! Pretty soon we'll have Shane running around in a Superman costume! HAHA