Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rainbow bridge and the beach

On June 20 we went to see/walk across the Rainbow bridge which crosses the northern part of Tokyo Bay. Apparently it is lit up with different colors at night which I bet is beautiful. Our plan was to cross the bridge and then walk around the beach and town. We were told that the water would be to cold to swim in, so I just brought the kids suits because we knew they would want to go in no matter how cold it was, but the water was great and I wish we would have planned to spend the day. I also forgot towels, but it was so warm they dried off pretty quickly and we had a couple hand towels that everyone uses here.


Views from the bridge











































There are some man made islands that were used in the past to protect the city.











































Jelly Fish






















I love this picture of Kaylin. She was having so much fun!












The night before Sara came over to watch the kids so Matt and I could go out for dinner. It was so nice! We went and had some AWESOME sushi. We sat at a sushi bar so we could see exactly how it was prepared. So fun! We had two different white fish, tuna, octopus, salmon eggs, and a couple others that I don't remember. The only one I didn't really like was the salmon one. It looked the coolest, but I didn't like feeling the eggs popping in my mouth!

2 comments:

jules

Looks like you are having a good time! You'll have to go back to the beach again - both kids looked like they were having a blast! :)

Kate

that is a great picture of Kaylin. glad you and matt got a date night out in an awesome city.